South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them.

Go down

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. Empty C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them.

Post  liquidg 22nd January 2022, 12:46 am

We had to have what is called, a waffle slab for our new home, due to our block having disturbed soil.
That is because we demolished our original home and of course water issues that are common in our street from a natural spring system that feeds Hilliards creek that flows just a few houses away.
The waffle slab is renowned at being very strong and it most likely is, but our slab and drive way, that is exposed aggregate in its case, were Not well done.

For our drive way and vehicle tracks, i gave the builder a mud map of what i wanted and the way i wanted it, so he just passed on the mud map and did not pass on what i said.
Office staff are not great at comprehending a rough mud map and the actual plan of that work by the office, was done incorrectly 4 times and the end result was incorrect.

It seems the builder and office staff and supervisors are are all on separate pages.

Firstly these photos are of the finish to the edges of the house slab—
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. ScuxUrL

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. KYqhlwl

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. 8W30NVh

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. 3wdjQur

This is one of two pipes put in the wrong place. This one is the pipe for the sink in the laundry, it was in the hallway!
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. WhaHNnN

They cut the slab and ran the pipe in the slab to the laundry. The slab is only 90 mill thick, to do this they had to have cut through the steel reinforcing to achieve this.
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. LWMVR7Y

Then the concrete was covered with white ant protection??? What about behind that painted wall????
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. 3Ys0Abw

These are photos the finish to the drive way and paths---
There is a 280 millimetre drop off here, so the tire tracks and trying walk around the home are risky.
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. SCqj2U4

These are photos of the strange way they did and didn’t do break lines in the concrete that in just 5 weeks, an area of it began to crack!
C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. XLeZehS

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. CQzFw6B

C J Homes at Capalaba, concreting quality for your build with them. NRO9uQV
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down