South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US..

3 posters

Go down

Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US.. Empty Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US..

Post  DeadSled 21st September 2009, 3:07 pm

Wow.. Who would pay $60 for one of them..

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=71360

In saying that, they've got a Tang that i've got (one of my favourite fish in my tank..) for the same price. I know what i'd rather have.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=71362
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US.. Empty Re: Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US..

Post  P I T A 21st September 2009, 3:18 pm

Well I reckon if you lived in the middle of continental America with miles and miles from the nearest ocean, you don't really have much choice but to grin and bear it as you hand over your sixty bucks.

(Aust $69.73 as at 2009.09.21 02:22:08 GMT)

alien

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US.. Empty Re: Wow.. A Stripey Butterfly for $60 US..

Post  DeadSled 21st September 2009, 3:31 pm

Lol, considering some of the fish i've seen on Liveaquaria for a LOT less, who would want a stripey. Hell, i nearly harpooned one when i had it in my four foot a while ago. I did try, but it kept hiding. Damned things.

I remember we caught about 4 of em at Redland Bay jetty one day, ended up with two.. took one back and then kept the other.

I got another one on the weekend, although its about 1cm long and in my two foot tank. It'll be easy to get out when i want it out Smile
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 21st September 2009, 3:41 pm

That is amazingly expensive for what we consider as a rubbish fish for starting an aquarium.

The sometimes huge numbers and the discusting areas they live in,thats rediculas.

I suppose it is like this guy over in the states that replied to a thread i put on an american forum about what we collect here and he reckons our stuff is great,better than what he sees and he showed some pictures of what he classed as the very ordinary fish he collects,queen angels,my favourite!!!! and hundreds of dollars in our shops type of fish,what the Shocked

Wow as well!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  P I T A 21st September 2009, 3:44 pm

Well guys the answer is obvious - start a marine fish export business. alien

P I T A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down