South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water changes and sunsets

2 posters

Go down

Water changes and sunsets Empty Water changes and sunsets

Post  liquidg+ 20th January 2010, 3:15 pm

At the end of cleveland point on the left on Brisbanes bay side is a very handy spot for water changes and the water here is of a very high quality as well.

This spot on certain days as heaps of people hoping to capture that special sunset with their cameras as well.

This old boat ramp has been there forever and was originaly for the sailing group and for years it has been a top spot for water changes at the top of the tide.

Just like these pics we would many a time back down this ramp and have fish and chips and watch the sunset after getting a water change as well.

Water changes and sunsets Cleve-1-

Water changes and sunsets Cleve--

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Water changes and sunsets Empty Re: Water changes and sunsets

Post  DeadSled 20th January 2010, 3:20 pm

So you just fill up jerry cans straight off the boat ramp then? Do you let them settle for a while before using, as i'm sure you said a while ago theres a lot of organic matter in the water.. or something like that.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg+ 21st January 2010, 3:30 am

the organic matter is only a problem if there is life in your containers as the PH will become bad for life in there but as a water change its cool.

The left of the boat ramp at high tide is always good no matter what at high tide,murky but very good.

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 21st January 2010, 3:37 am

I see. If i lived closer i'd definitely use the water from there, although i get mine from marine mates for $12 - 50L and $25 - 85L.

If i was to collect 85L from there it'd cost me at least $20 in fuel to get there so its not really worth it when it costs maybe $2 to drive from my house to marine mates.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg+ 21st January 2010, 2:15 pm

That sounds handy for you,their water is good?

I hope they don't get it from the seaway,there is so much more to that water a part from salt,oxygen and hydrogen.

I have herd not so good reports about the fish from one of the clubbies in relation to cutting corners there,which is a shame.

I went there just after it first opened and it all looked good,some white spot and a few bodies but the set up looked nice.

Oh well,they will get there.

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 21st January 2010, 2:40 pm

I'm not sure where the water is from, but possibly from the Gold Coast. I do recall them saying something about that..

They seem to be better now with the quarantine room and all that though. I'd rather buy livestock / LR from them than any other place around.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down