South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additives for a nano reef aquarium?

3 posters

Go down

Additives for a nano reef aquarium? Empty Additives for a nano reef aquarium?

Post  sjastor 11th December 2011, 9:41 am

Me again guys,what sought of additives do you guys use for reef aquariums?
I want to have all sorts of corals and need to know the best additives to use and get it right the first time.
Thanks cheers

sjastor

Back to top Go down

Additives for a nano reef aquarium? Empty Re: Additives for a nano reef aquarium?

Post  trent@78 11th December 2011, 12:14 pm

Sjastor I use Seachem products,try these two, I find they help look after the corals
Reef plus and Reef trace Cool

trent@78

Back to top Go down

Additives for a nano reef aquarium? Empty Re: Additives for a nano reef aquarium?

Post  liquidg 12th December 2011, 4:38 am

I must admit until this year I swore by seachem products as well!

With algae as a major part of my nwms I don’t need many trace elements except calcium skeletal components any more,though iodide/iodine is still a must if I do not reinstate the algae trimmings back into the water collum once it is at trimming size for the others to use their substances.

I use Red sea reef iodine/halogen complex A, it does all the iodine needs for the algae that controls the waste management substances and it helps look after the algae coral clades with in the corals cells needs nicely.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down