South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean up crew for reef nano

5 posters

Go down

Clean up crew for reef nano Empty Clean up crew for reef nano

Post  sjastor 7th December 2011, 11:04 pm

Some advice please guys.
The info on your forum has been so helpful, the bio filtration in the canister and sump has crushed the cycling in under three weeks, so time to get any advice you can give on the types of critters for the clean up crew.
What to get and where to get it.

Very Happy

sjastor

Back to top Go down

Clean up crew for reef nano Empty Re: Clean up crew for reef nano

Post  Dazza 8th December 2011, 12:26 pm

Here are some clean up crew dude, most marine LFS will have or can get these.
A few turbo snails a couple of strombs,two lawnmower blennies would suit your size, five or six small hermits and as many peps as you can get.
If you have fine sand get a gobie,yellow heads are cool for sand filtering.
Whats your tank dude?

Dazza

Back to top Go down

Post  sjastor 8th December 2011, 1:00 pm

Thanks dazza,
Just cycled the second nano, including sumps both are 120litre each,the first has cichlids they are awesome, one year and so happy with it.
This one is to be a reef aquarium.
The nano is a 15inch cube,I decided to go with a classic fluval 300L rs skimmer and a fluval 205 canister filter with the advice seen here, we made proper pre filter media socks to keep it clean, that is all over this forum so we did it.
Pop made the cascaded water compartment into two layers of deep sand bed, we found a pic on here he said was funny and mostly, he copied it.
My pop works with glass and made both tanks-sumps for me in a large part from what is to be found on this forum and from his and mates experience two industries.
He understands the relevance of cascaded waters mentioned on here from his mates in BOC,I don t get the gas thing, he does?
Once the live rock is finished this beneficial algae part of filtering is going to be factored in, that’s pops job, again.
cheers

sjastor

Back to top Go down

Post  trent@78 8th December 2011, 2:30 pm

sjastor wrote:Some advice please guys.
The info on your forum has been so helpful, the bio filtration in the canister and sump has crushed the cycling in under three weeks, so time to get any advice you can give on the types of critters for the clean up crew.
What to get and where to get it.

Very Happy

Been watching guys and want to just say that the peps, lawn mowers and little yellow claws will take care of your tank, the snails are useless, and nothing will keep the glass clean, just use a magnetic cleaner for it. Smile

trent@78

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate 9th December 2011, 12:35 am

Ive been watching as well and my opinion is the peps and lawnmower blennys are the best for clean up crew
Sounds like your pop is a talented person you are very fortunate to have him bounce

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 9th December 2011, 2:25 pm

This is all good advice guys, the collection of all clean up crew can be found in our information thread with a sticky in the collecting section of the forum, just look through it, these things are in there.

Back to top Go down

Post  sjastor 10th December 2011, 1:01 pm

Hey thanks for that,worth a look to see what's around.
I dont know anything about collecting so it may be a waste of time,i will give it a try
If i dont do so well,whats the best LFS for them. Smile

sjastor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down