South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revers osmosis water filter purchase.

5 posters

Go down

Revers osmosis water filter purchase. Empty Revers osmosis water filter purchase.

Post  liquidg 21st October 2012, 6:35 am

Hey all I am thinking of getting a basic reverse osmosis water filter due to, I can’t get mine back from my brother,lol.

If any one is keen as well and wants to maybe try getting a couple at a lesser price from numbers, speak your piece and we will see what can be done.

This is one just one example.

http://www.psifilters.com.au/laundry-wall-mount-reverse-osmosis-systems/74-psi-020b-lw-3-stage-reverse-osmosis-system---low-waste-1-to-1.html

Down the road from me.

http://www.purerain.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=67&category_id=31&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

And there is more.

http://www.waterwizard.com.au/view_water_ro.html

Back to top Go down

Revers osmosis water filter purchase. Empty Re: Revers osmosis water filter purchase.

Post  Makaira 21st October 2012, 8:05 am

mate i want to get one but cant afford it atm.

the PSI seems to be the one that everyone goes for, wether thats due to online advertising or not.
however if they were bad they wouldnt have the rep they have
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

Revers osmosis water filter purchase. Empty Re: Revers osmosis water filter purchase.

Post  Zhyr 22nd October 2012, 2:02 am

Last edited by zhyr on 12th December 2012, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Zhyr

Back to top Go down

Post  bennyy 27th October 2012, 8:39 am

have you looked at the ones from aquacorp their watermark side do them got mine from there

bennyy

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 27th October 2012, 10:01 am

I will have a look,thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Crotalus 27th October 2012, 10:36 am

I would be wary of filters that claim minimal waste like 1:1 if they're only using a basic design (water pressure or small booster pump). It would be very hard to get that kind of efficiency and still produce similar quality water to other units/brands. My general rule for RO/DI systems is more waste equals cleaner product water. It's unfortunate but just a consequence of how the membrane works. So I guess it just depends on your preference (less waste vs. cleaner product) and how sensitive your livestock is to your local water contaminants. If your municipal water is of terrible quality (high copper, iron, lead, etc), then I'd suggest opting for a 1:10 RO/DI system. If you have clean low mineral water, then a 1:1 RO only unit would probably work fine. Most people seem to be inbetween the two.

Crotalus

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 28th October 2012, 1:53 am

Thanks for the info,the more the better i always say.

If it wasn’t for me being slack my brother would never have had his hands on my old RO,lol.

We always used filtered water from my parent’s ways of doing things.

My dad was big on that,he did it and made sure we always had a water filter since the old ones the size of a huge hot water system from when we lived in the country in the 50s and 60s due to bore water.

When we left the country in 69 he always had a water filter on the water where ever we lived and myself and my brother followed with that way of doing things.then with the marine aquarium hobby in 80 and always issues with phosphorus and getting sick of the huge cost in phosphate sponge and similar in the eighties,i still kept my old pasarni,I forget the spelling,but I got a reverse osmosis system that cost an arm and a leg back then for the tanks and all the collected life tanks in the shed and a better sediment and carbon filter for our house waters.

I am still not sure on what to do,the guy at pure rain said he would add an RO to my all ready high quality sediment and carbon mix cartridges that is capable of at least 1.4 at greater then 300 litres a day.

The Redlands water where we are is regarded as some of best anywhere, most of the Redlands water comes from the spring water on Stradbroke Island over to us.

He said he will do it for just under $200,I just like the sound a of a little portable RO.

In the early 2000s I found ways to remove nutrients from the waters with out the need for an RO and never used it again and then my brother pinched it and replaced the bladder and now he has it.

Two weeks back I trimmed my amazing nutrient importing caulerpa I found after trying nearly all varieties and chaeto,I cut it back to much to give to a friend for his algae importing and a slight phosphorus level started showing in a test, its gone now but I don’t want that happening again, three corals began bleaching, that’s why I tested it.

They recovered, they always do, you see my system relies on nutrients and a subsequent process so is semi eutrophic.
The balance is done automatically by natural processes in the waters, but the algae I use has to be right, as in abundant like it always is, or there becomes an imbalance

So with the tap waters inorganic and orthophosphates covered by the RO that shouldn’t happen again.

I will do something soon, thanks for the input.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down