South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp

2 posters

Go down

Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp Empty Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp

Post  kindcorals 23rd November 2012, 5:46 am

I have a tiny blue tang, 5 cent piece size, that is eating lots of brine when fed and seems generally happy. I moved him into my second tank that had 2 (bully) damsels, they were removed and the tang is now alone. He does hide in the rock work a lot more than he did in the old tank but Im wondering how he would do if I put a bunch of glass shrimp into the tank with him. I've read that the shrimp are usually fine for all marine life but Im not sure if they might attack this tiny tang if they outnumber him.

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp Empty Re: Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp

Post  liquidg 23rd November 2012, 7:39 am

They can be bullies the little boxer shrimp but its the size ratio that would be the only problem.
When blue tangs are small from 0 to 70 mill they live in acro stags for safety,if you have an old dead one,put it in for a hding spot if you are worried,the shrimps will only be an issue if they are very similar or bigger in size or the fish is weak.
If you have a night light over your tank then it doesnt matter,its night time when fish are at risk more then any other time.
cheers
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp Empty Re: Tiny Blue Tang and lots of Glass Shrimp

Post  kindcorals 24th November 2012, 11:14 am

I wish I had some old acro skeletons but I dont. I ended up just pulling them out of the tank with the tang and putting them into the tank with the bigger fish. These shrimp are really cool, swimming all over the tank and climbing on the rocks.

kindcorals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down