South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs.

Go down

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Empty Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs.

Post  liquidg 4th September 2014, 3:09 pm

These crabs are not overly reef safe, unless you have large lps or sps as they don’t normally grab these to decorate themselves with as camouflage.
They are scavengers rarely harming anything like fish or other invertebrates. Most left over meat food types that make it to the bottom of your tank, will sustain them nicely.
This is mine, the first pic is of it the day I collected it and the next is it several months later.
As you can see the original sponges on it are thriving, but mostly it has picked up some new ones from my tanks stock.

Due to photobuckets money grab, there are no pics at this time, there will be soon.

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Deco-crab-2-_zps6af77cd9

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. 1a-sponge-deco-crab-_zpsab51f748
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schizophrys dama variations.

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Spongedecoratorcrab

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Decoratorcrabsponge

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Crab-2-

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Algae-decorator-crab-

Camposcia Retusa Majidae family member, and other decorator spider crabs. Decorator-crab-1-

Back to top Go down