South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.

Go down

Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  Empty Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.

Post  liquidg 20th February 2018, 8:55 am

The food n brief.
anything you can find from the lfs that is frozen benthic and planktonic life like for starters Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, red plankton, fish eggs, do not blend these add after blending,, then blended up frozen krill, nori, oysters, muscles all in saltwater not used yet and then add enough pure salt to make the water roughly double the oceans salinity or a little more, it keeps bacteria out of the mix/ All ocean life can take the salt out and eat the food. then mix it all and i use small squeeze bottles that i make up at 50 60 at a time then freeze then thaw and use at will to direct the foods straight into their tentacles, all good!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

First and foremost, do not try to breed separate species of anemones in the same aquarium or the same water, it may not work!

Many anemones do not tolerate other species for any length of time and will sense, similar to smelling another and chemically fight, just like corals do.
The quadricolor variants are not to bad, they will tolerate others of their kind, so quadricolor bubble tips are the best ones to do this with.

Foods-In the ocean anemones like quadricolors main diet is plankton.
The food mix should be based on blended filter feeding life forms like limpets or muscles or cunjevoi and large krill, no predator meats or prawns as such, prawns are soaked in substances to prolong their colour, though no great harm to humans, these are toxic to anems.

Once your mix is ready, then add pure salt, I use pure pool salt to bring the salinity of the mix far above the salinity of the ocean by double, if not a little higher, this stops bacteria from becoming abundant in these foods for a few days while it sits in the fridge once thawed while you use it.
Reef salt has additives that should not go into foods!

Once you blend then add planktonic to semi planktonic foods like, lobster eggs, fish eggs, brine shrimp, any pods-amphipods, mysis shrimp, any form of plankton bar phytoplankton species, they need to be more so zooplankton types.  

My squeeze bottles are a result of my type two diabetes, I use a sweetener called sugarless and save the squeeze bottles the liquid variant comes in.
Frozen ingredients ready thaw out and use.
Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  LYZtwjI

Once thawed out and squeezed to the anemones tendrils.
https://youtu.be/y71H5TsmRM0

Juveniles from A-sexual multiplying
Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  KmnpX7j

Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  2Z2q30E

Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  SHDUFC5

Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  KR1Dvbk

The adult rose quadricolor acid rain they all came from.
Feeding quadricolor/bubble tip anemones and breeding them A-sexually.  YZQFmw5

An example of bottles you could purchase off ebay-squeeze bottles
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-24OZ-Plastic-Squeeze-Bottle-Condiment-Dispenser-Mustard-Ketchup-Sauce-Vinegar/262946620284?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140106155344%26meid%3Dab4a9516e18b411191c34c561720994d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D332121891025%26itm%3D262946620284&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Back to top Go down