South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol.

2 posters

Go down

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Empty LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol.

Post  liquidg 11th October 2012, 10:53 am

Now that’s funny hey,there is no competition, the resistance lighting falls on its face on so many levels.

Heat, length of time between bulb/tube changes and they are only two reasons LEDs make them all useless in comparison!!

These 2 foot 10 watt fluro replacement tubes that we got some months back are similar to our last china purchase in July last year, but these ones are cooler, the diodes are only quarter watt of cool white and blue, but they have tiny optics on each diode or 60 degrees, how cute is that.

They are only for our algae areas and my sought fish only tank,but how cool are LEDs,they are varied and so good in so many ways, it makes me think, how the hell did we do with out them.

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Ledp
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Empty Re: LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol.

Post  liquidg 12th October 2012, 5:42 am

More on LEDs.

This is my little green acro sps on the left.
I put it in the top tank in September last year as a thumb nail size,I chiselled it off as with all the corals that weren’t stuck to the glass as well as the dead rock and put it in the bottom tank nearly two months back, I don’t dose with anything, near nothing but natural processes with my systems and no water changes since October last year And never will do a water change.

The first pic is two days after it was glued on,the two other corals from the first tank put to the NWMS ,top and bottom of the pic,went in a couple of days later, and the next pic is today.

My little mate is powering with the tanks lighting of x-re diodes of 90 degree optics and it isn’t even under the light!

They seem to work fine,lol.

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Blueclam1

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Clam12102012
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol. Empty Re: LEDs verses T5s and metal halides,lol.

Post  finfan 12th October 2012, 10:28 am

Now that is cool

Its cool on 2 levels as well -

1. You actually plan this and take the comparative shots - cool
2. It supports your theory on water management in the aquarium and systems you employ - very cool

And to top it of the growth is significant and very clear to see - respect mate, great stuff.... cheers

Keep it coming - you are inspirational- thanks

Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down