South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage

3 posters

Go down

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage Empty i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage

Post  neman 28th May 2009, 10:36 am

its just a bilge pump that wont burn out when running dry

1360 litre per hour bilge pump $29.99 from BCF,
1 small 12volt battery the type used in 50cc scooters i have 2 of them on hand so didnt need
to buy them.

but to buy them is about $50-100 sometimes i can get them cheaper wholesale price
i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage IMG_1327

1pair of aligator battery terminals from BCF $3.99 electrical tape from any supermarket this
can be used for salt and freshwater tanks

neman

Back to top Go down

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage Empty Re: i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage

Post  neman 28th May 2009, 10:45 am

i have used it to collect saltwater already.

and now im running test in my laundry sink to see how long it can run for if it seizes so be it but i have run it for about 5mins at most so far .and its still working .the test phase was started at 5.45pm lets see how long it goes. sadly i think the battery will die before the pump as it may need recharging and i dont have a charger just now .

neman

Back to top Go down

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage Empty Re: i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage

Post  neman 28th May 2009, 10:58 am

well its been going for 20 mins already and shows no signs of slowing down .hope it stays that way cheers affraid

well its 6.25pm still going strong fingers crossed

neman

Back to top Go down

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage Empty cheap,thats the way

Post  wayne 28th May 2009, 1:40 pm

I have seen your other posts even the one that linked to (them) lol!

I criuse theres from time to time,some info and a lot of insults,not worth it for me mostly.
These guys seem to have something a little special,i was even directed to reef central and the depot,just in i case i wanted some other thoughts on things.

I like what you have done,its all about simple and cheap,thats the hobby in away it can be truly enjoyed.
One problem on this clubs forum at times,you don't get a reply for a while with moderating,when you do,it makes up for it.
I have seen the bilge pump thing before,it was on a timer,on for 5mins off for 20mins i think?just to keep it going until the main power handles it again.

Where would we be with out some one experimenting study ,we would know nothing!
wayne
wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  neman 28th May 2009, 1:53 pm

man ,
your spot with you last remark where would we be without someone expirementing.

i have often stated that on forums people shoot me down and i think its just a case of jealousy they didnt
have a go and post there findings first lolol sorry had to add that.i really cant justify spending $400 on a skimmer if you can by one for half or less then that actually ive never bought a skimmer over $100 .for some reason my favourite skimmers have been the queen turbo skimmers and they can be bought for like $80

im always trying to think of new ideas and everytime i post on the other forum i just get shot
the reason why i think is because im diverting sales from the registerd bussiness there and they dont like it

i ended up having the pump run for a whole hour from 5.45pm -to 6.40pm and i reckon it would have kept going if i had of left it go

.im on a budget as im not working due to something growing nasty in my brain( ie) some sort of tumour
and i just like to help people save money aswell along the way.and while im not working i have to find ways to cure my bordeom so hence tinkering with little diy projects

neman

Back to top Go down

i made my own emergency 12vol water pump incase of power outage Empty couldn't agree more

Post  straddy boy 30th May 2009, 3:59 pm

I hear that, they are quite funny if you can keep your sanity when having something to do with that forum.

I remember the stuff liquidg showed us that was going on between him and them, don’t get me wrong,lg was on there not just for this club, he was on there to bait a few arguments as well.

As he said that forum is dedicated to tech advice, pure and simple and that is all about money spending, although if that’s what you want, it’s up to the individual.

We have lots of tech used by some of the club members, but some are in the same financial position as you, they need to cut financial corners.

Your 12 volt pump is something I use already, for water changes, not for the home aquarium, for when I am at the boat ramp for a water change I use one to pump the water to my containers.

Their forum has evolved into a trendy ego based money machine, that doesn’t mean there isn’t some serious knowledge and good advice there; it just means it is sadly bias and type cast.

We don’t have much of a following here, who cares, we are just a club really, we don’t want to take over the world of (marines keeping) you have to imagine there was an eco when that was said.

All clubs have knowledge in it and they are no more capable of a lot of success than we or other clubs are, they have just been on the net a while.

Keep trying things. its how some of us got to where we are.
straddy boy
straddy boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down