South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane

4 posters

Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane

Post  mandy&son 5th June 2009, 10:37 am

I would just like to know if the people in the club here that go on these collecting trips get anything from shops or do you get all your own salt water fish and other things from the trips in the part of the forums for those collecting trips? Very Happy

Also if any one does get from shops which ones are good to go to?

I am looking to see whether there is any other shops close by on the south side of Brisbane, near stones corner,hopefully.
Very Happy

mandy&son

Back to top Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty Re: Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane

Post  DeadSled 5th June 2009, 5:25 pm

Don't know about the others personally, but the only things i buy from an LFS would be corals, salt when i need it, and fish food.

Thats excluding equipment when setting up ect, but now the tanks running just the above. Haven't bought a coral in a long time though, my other hobby (Hot Rods) is now taking up my money.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty Re: Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane

Post  neman 6th June 2009, 4:17 am

to tel you the truth i get my saltwater from margate beach in redcliffe you can see moreton islnd from there
also dont run skimmers on my tank out side and most things technical i can do without i mean the didnt use meatl halides when the hobby started

neman

Back to top Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty shops

Post  Guest 6th June 2009, 4:37 am

With all shops there are risks as to the quality of stock and this normally has very little to do with them.
The life has spent quite a lot of time else where after the ocean before they get it to sell to you.
The life is not always housed overly well before they get it and they are stuck with the rep that the dead fish, invert, creates to some degree.

Don’t get me wrong some LFS do not do a great job with what they keep before we get it and some times can’t as the way to display it for sale is very stress full to the fish and inverts, stress is the biggest killer of our marine pets.

It’s up to you to observe the fish you wish to purchase and see the signs of which one is good or bad, it’s not that hard with practise or experienced advice.

The south side offers a few aquarium shops that deal in marines, the ones most of us frequent are, the closest to you would be wonder fish, the owners there were part of our club in the past, they have a good display of imported species because they have there own quarantine set up as do aquarium warehouse and they try to get them to you healthy.

There used to be a store on old Cleveland road near stones corner called Annerley aquarium, they didn’t have a lot back when I went there last, but it looked as good as any where else.
The next would be pet city, they have a lot of varied life forms for your aquarium for sale there and as with all the others it’s up to you which fish or invert looks right for you.
The next further out is aquarium wharehouse; they carry a lot of imported species and can sometimes have quite a large display to choose from.

The next is pet country,they seem to be expanding there marine set up with that new guy there that is running the marine section now,he seems on the ball and from all that are in the club that have bought there say that they are very fussy with there marines for sale and have good success with what they purchase there.

One of our members is a co owner of the shop,but he would be still shot down if they didn’t do the best they could for there aquarium customers.

For dry goods age of aquariums has some very good prices on the gear you want and back up after it is sold to you, that’s always handy, they help sponsor us, but as Ben knows, if we didn’t like going there we wouldn’t. It’s a long way for you to get to there, maybe internet sales from him or the fuel would make it to dear if it was only a small item to get.

It's up to you,they all carry some marines for the aquarium!

Back to top Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty bris LFS

Post  latzlover 6th June 2009, 12:51 pm

They used to have an awsum display tank at annerley lfs,just as you come in on the right,sweeetttt.

I came up to bris,2 weeks back,that corner tank in pet country looks like it should be in my place. cheers

Where is this pet city,i don't know that one? Shocked

latzlover

Back to top Go down

Aquarium shops (LFS) around Brisbane Empty thank you

Post  mandy&son 6th June 2009, 12:58 pm

We will get a lift tomorrow and have a look at a few,now the tank has settled down i feel more confident,i was so worried! Very Happy

mandy&son

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 7th June 2009, 4:31 am

Latz,

Pet City is at Mt Gravatt. Just off Newnham Rd or however you spell it. A google search will find its address fairly easily for you.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down