South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiring LED's

4 posters

Go down

Wiring LED's Empty Wiring LED's

Post  DeadSled 10th June 2009, 11:36 am

Ok.. myself and Andre got some LED's off Shane last night at the club meeting.. and shane got it to work as a moon light.

I've tried wiring it up the way i drew up, and also the way colin drew up. I think colins way was wiring the LED's in paralell.. i'm not sure because i'm a welder not a bloody sparky..

Anyway i've wired it twice.. as it should be.. and they don't work. The only thing i can think of is that the resistors have the colour bands on em.. the most outward bands on them are grey on one side and yellow on the other. Is there supposed to be a certian direction to place them, or does it not matter?

Other than that.. i have no idea and i ****in hate wiring like you wouldn't believe Evil or Very Mad
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty Re: Wiring LED's

Post  DeadSled 10th June 2009, 2:01 pm

Ok.. after talking to a mate of mine (who i've been trying to get to come to the club meetings for the past 3 meetings now..) whos a sparky.. said that resistors are not directional, although i think he said diodes are.. or can be.. i duno.

Anyway.. i overheard shane saying that the white line wire on the power pack was the negative.. Zack said that although it SHOULD work that way (because its just a reverse polarity).. the international standard is that the white line is infact positive. I swapped em over and wala! It worked.

So i'm pretty stoked now that i've actually accomplished something electrical.. cause its something i've always hated doing haha.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty !!!

Post  Admin 10th June 2009, 2:31 pm

mate you will be a sparky in no time and you know what is good about your mistake and than working it out,i don't have to stuff it up now,thats a good thing,for me Laughing Oh and any one else reading this as well!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 10th June 2009, 2:47 pm

I think i'll stick to welding and metal fabrication mate.. i've already got a blister on one finger from trying to pull wire through these bloody wire strippers Laughing
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty next week

Post  Admin 10th June 2009, 3:24 pm

i may try my attempt at it next week once i finish the painting down stairs.

i have to draw a plan first of what i want to do,always draw up a plan for near on everything.

screw it up on paper is the way to go!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 10th June 2009, 4:28 pm

Hey,

As i said in the other thread.. this is probably the most amazing thing i've seen in a LONG time. It almost blew my mind when i first turned the lights off and just had the LED's on..

And to think.. i had a drunk mate look at the tank a few months back with just the blue lights on.. and he sat and watched for probably half an hour without moving.. i can only imagine what the effect the LED's would have on someone Laughing
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty LEd lights

Post  latzlover 11th June 2009, 1:28 am

The plan you mentioned,that would be cool,i'd like to see that to get a clear picture of the lighting you guys are playing with. Smile

latzlover

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty led's

Post  Guest 11th June 2009, 1:45 am

I up for that as well.
Let's see how it's done.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED's Empty Soldering pen

Post  atdm 11th June 2009, 1:52 am

Hey nick

Where abouts are you

I may need to borrow the soldering pen if OK with you

atdm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 11th June 2009, 2:52 am

Hey Andres

I'm at Shailer Park. Once i got it figured out it only took me about 45 minutes to do the entire thing.. but then again our wire stripper is shit so thats what would of taken so much bloody time.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down