South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information.

2 posters

Go down

Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information. Empty Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information.

Post  liquidg 22nd April 2015, 12:47 pm

Most information on both of the common SEQ lysmata species is crap!
In this case being redlines, if gotten very small and you are concerned with their safety, keep them very well fed in a perforated coke bottle or what ever for a few months to a year if you like, they don’t care!!!
Then once big enough, though that isn’t an issue, let them in to the tank.
If they cannot eat the other or nothing will eat them, as in all are well fed, the size makes no difference!
Red lines do not eat each other in a very confined space for some reason? banded shrimps will!!
I have had a huge reline eat the other and peps gang up on them during a shed and big or small, they are history!
In a tank with no stress to encourage parasites or regular fighting, they will eventually die for sure! By that I mean they will have no value to the other tank inhabitants, just red and white lined food walking around.
If you keep the right creatures in with them and enough room, enough food they should last!
Once they are adult at half the full size body length, they should last for at least 8 years!
Well that’s what I have seen.
This two have shed 4 times in three weeks, well fed, lol!!! From very tiny when I put them in.
It’s all about putting them in with what will not eat them.
Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information. Red-lines-b-_zpskzxtzpqj

Last edited by liquidg on 25th April 2015, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information. Empty Re: Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information.

Post  noddy89 25th April 2015, 9:46 am

Awesome info. Have you got any experience with coral banded shrimp and redlines? I have a breeding pair of coral banded I collected a few months ago. I seen a few redlines while snorkelling but didn't grab any as I don't want to commit them to they're death lol. The coke bottle idea is an excellent idea too

noddy89

Back to top Go down

Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information. Empty Re: Lysmata amboinensis or redline cleaner shrimp information.

Post  liquidg 25th April 2015, 1:39 pm

Coke bottle of what ever, there are many ways to keep them safe as they grow.
Now neither will breed with each other able to get to the youngsters.
To breed both easily you have the adults living on a false floor or tank ends environment so that as the young are shaken loose off the tail they can go through that false wall or floor and in there both red line and banded shrimp can live and grow off a good frozen food mix.
Don’t use overflows when breeding, most marine life is via living in the plankton, "at the surface!!" unless you are checking regularly and use extreme fine mesh to catch the exiting youngsters, then that mesh blocks and over flows real fast.
The best way is to have two areas, oh and both eat each other as juvs as they shed.
My best result was a false for with masses of I think it was trawler netting that I found all bundled up under that floor for them to live and hide in and the foods from the adults feeding fell through to them.
Oh and tons of phos showing in a test is not detrimental at all to breeding these life forms.
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down