South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fish and inverts for new tank

3 posters

Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty fish and inverts for new tank

Post  latzlover 8th January 2009, 6:18 am

Got the arvo off guys and still want hear your opinion on what fish to get?The system is so settled i really want get a fish this sat.Where is a good shop at the moment,for the type of fish i should get? Rolling Eyes

latzlover

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty fish and inverts?

Post  Admin 8th January 2009, 10:31 pm

I hope the answer from liquidg was sufficient for you latzlover.
In the early stages of a tank it is best to get the more robust-non territorial species that are not algae dependent,or eqally dependent on fossicking for there food.
These species will suffer as there is not an ubundance of a naturaly developing food souce as yet for them.
Angels,tangs,wrasse as such,don't bother just yet!
stick with a nice natured clown,maybe a blennie and a chromis or two in time.
you should be able to stock your tank fully over a month.
The very matured biological media you got from liquidg and a natural start is what will make all the difference between your tank and a now days trendy style,unstable bio filter that will be hard to manage in time with out a lot of vigilance.
good reefing!
cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty thanks

Post  latzlover 10th January 2009, 2:26 pm

I bought two fish,i know to fast!,i have heaps of confidance in the filter to handle it.
I got a black ocelaris and a percula.They weren't cheap,they look healthy.I followed the guide on what fish to get and i think i made the right choice.i will keep you up dated.I took the two little brackish fish back to the water this afternoon.
I will be finishing all the bio filtering on the week i have got off soon.Could i get one of those tank bred anemonies of that guy? Finally display fish,yes! Laughing Laughing

latzlover

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty new fish

Post  cetacean- 10th January 2009, 11:57 pm

hey mate,make sure you don't feed any new tank life above the normall things you would do for your aquarium for 24 to 48 hours after you put them in.
Get them looking for food before you start feeding them.
Acclimatise them for a little while as well.The temp.PH,etc,in the bag water they came in is very different to your tank water.
This weekend is out for a lat or two for you,this seas are up,so we are just having a picnic and a play at the seaway,yesterday three of the guys and more today,i leave for todays in 10 mins,by!
Smile

cetacean-

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty sorry i have been busy

Post  latzlover 18th January 2009, 7:38 am

Thanks cetacean-,it is going great and i have most of the fish and corals i want now in the tank.I am testing it every day and nothing changes,my mate is going to convince his wife to let him have another marine tank now and copy me,me,me,thats funny.If no one has claimed the coral beauty could i have it,it looks like one of the ones the shop said are from over seas,it is so purple.
My mate wants to go out with you all snorkelling one day when he comes over to visit.

latzlover

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty coral beauty

Post  Admin 20th January 2009, 2:30 am

I am glad you got the angel.

That one was so dark purple,it most have been a ring in.

Mate could you PM or the contact us email address me a picture of the new dry section you built and a pic of the other two sections,ta!

Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

fish and inverts for new tank Empty Re: fish and inverts for new tank

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down