South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video of my Four Foot Tank

5 posters

Go down

Video of my Four Foot Tank Empty Video of my Four Foot Tank

Post  DeadSled 21st March 2010, 10:40 pm

Took a video yesterday, so here it is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucpFwUN0yKY
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Video of my Four Foot Tank Empty Re: Video of my Four Foot Tank

Post  casey 22nd March 2010, 1:19 am

wow thats really awesome, lovely colours
casey
casey

Back to top Go down

Video of my Four Foot Tank Empty re you tube

Post  shaz 22nd March 2010, 1:26 am

wow- nice tank deadsled !! it s looking great Very Happy
so did you catch those fish mostly ? . i love the semi and the bicolor we collected these for our tank too ----- very cool .
cheers

shaz

http://www.swanseabackpackers.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 22nd March 2010, 5:30 am

Cheers Vawn.

Most of the fish are caught by other club members, from way back on my first snorkel trip. I however caught the blennys, the dragonet, the wrasse and some of the clowns. The Naso and Blue Tang, as well as the two Chromis and the dark blue / black dwarf angel are store bought.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 22nd March 2010, 11:49 am

The tank looks really nice deadsled,geez that local tang is huge now.

Interesting name you have on youtube Very Happy
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 22nd March 2010, 11:52 am

Haha, yeah i'm pretty stoked on how my tank looks. Definitely prefer it over the many rock wall / rock just tipped into the tank willy nilly look that a lot of others out there have going on.

As for my youtube name, i tried DeadSled but it could only be done if it had numbers cause it was already taken, and then i thought eh I have a Model A so i'll call myself MrModelA. At least that has no numbers so i don't forget it Laughing

Oh yeah, the Tang is getting bit and more colourful. Thats the reason i'm adding a 6ft and a 4ft sump to the system, so i can put 3/4 of my tangs into a bigger tank because they sometimes have little biffs in the four footer.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  casey 22nd March 2010, 12:29 pm

cool so ypu guys go out collectin these fish, how does that effect the local marine life? do you have any fish shaz? i glad you told me tocheck this cool tank out really opened my eyes
casey
casey

Back to top Go down

Post  shaz 22nd March 2010, 1:26 pm

yeh vawn i knew you would love it Smile a wee bit different to snakes and spiders !! he has a ... very cool set up / nice fish in the mix .

oh my partner and i collected for many years . i have been diving for 30 years now so have a tiny bit of experience !lol no tanks at the min all that went a few years back but still have a keen interest and would like to start another one up when i get back from my trip .

my fav fish is the pomacanthus semicirculatus angel fish which i believe are common where the boys dive ! and the( cleidopus gloriamaris) piineapple fish used to love watching him at night and latezonatus clown fish he was very sweet had such a personality and sadly died of white spot . oh when you come to oz oneday i will take you diving no worries !!you will get into it for sure Smile

Last edited by shaz on 22nd March 2010, 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : !!)

shaz

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 22nd March 2010, 2:41 pm

Cheers Shaz for the comment on my fish.

For what its worth, i'm VERY particular about what goes into my tanks.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  casey 22nd March 2010, 2:55 pm

i dunno much bout aquariums at all do you have to be careful bout which species you put together? i no you cannot mix frog species in the same terrarium but then if your fish are all from the same kinda ecology..., are they all local to your area?
casey
casey

Back to top Go down

Post  shaz 22nd March 2010, 4:45 pm

DeadSled wrote:Cheers Shaz for the comment on my fish.

For what its worth, i'm VERY particular about what goes into my tanks.

yeh i can relate to that deadsled Smile-its all good you can become very attached to your fish !! in the end ours all had pet names too lol
so have you had any issues over the time with white spot at all ? i know it is easy to sort , for us it was not the case ! we broke the cardinal rule once only !! did not quarantine , and lost the whole tank -was a huge lesson especially with our way sweet clown fish Sad he had such a personality

Last edited by shaz on 22nd March 2010, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : !)

shaz

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 22nd March 2010, 11:10 pm

I've never quarantined anything. Had white spot when i first got my blue tang, and when i introduced the eyestripe tang into the tank after it was caught. Just fed lots of algae sheet soaked in water and garlic and never had a problem.

My tangs have little biffs here and there, but i seem to have the perfect combination of fish because none of them ever actually fight each other.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxbill 23rd March 2010, 1:51 am

Great looking video, nice tank, are all the fish native caught?

redsoxbill

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 23rd March 2010, 3:12 am

Pretty sure i mentioned above, not 100% though.. but all the fish are local caught except for the Blue Tang (which can be had locally anyway around one of the islands..), the Naso Tang (Also can be caught locally but only where the Blue Tangs are), the two Chromis, and the Pygmy Angel.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Video of my Four Foot Tank Empty you tube- fish tank

Post  shaz 23rd March 2010, 5:57 am

DeadSled wrote:I've never quarantined anything. Had white spot when i first got my blue tang, and when i introduced the eyestripe tang into the tank after it was caught. Just fed lots of algae sheet soaked in water and garlic and never had a problem.

My tangs have little biffs here and there, but i seem to have the perfect combination of fish because none of them ever actually fight each other.

excellent that you have not lost any fish . yes i have heard about the garlic /algae treatment of late. will def use if needed next time
i will still use a quarantine tank too . we used fresh water dip and a medic solution not good !!
i was checking out your video for a bit Smile they seem to be in harmony, tangs can be territorial for sure ! we had one too - very pretty fish though.

shaz

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 23rd March 2010, 7:26 am

Yes, for the most part my Tangs are all buddies. They occasionally do this thing where two of them (whether it be the Blue Tang, Naso or the Eyestripe, the Kole Tang sorta does its own thing..) will swim in circles around each other. I don't know what that is, but its neat to watch.

They don't fight or anything either, which is good. I think that is because of the types that i have though, they aren't all the same species of Surgeon.

I have had fish die in the past but not from white spot, at least not in the four foot. I did have trouble back when i first started, my 2ft tank was a never ending nightmare.. but haven't had any white spot deaths in the four foot before.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down