South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang.

2 posters

Go down

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang. Empty Just a quick question about my friends blue tang.

Post  carmen 17th February 2009, 11:46 pm

Recently my friends blue tang seems to have gotten a bit of bad protozoan outbreak on it and she was wondering as to what she should do.
This has happened before and has gone away and she was a bit worried as it is not going away this time.
she has had several opinions from others and they have not been much help,can you help? Sad

carmen

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang. Empty How you doing carmen.

Post  Admin 18th February 2009, 3:52 am

Responding to your question.

The Paracanthurus hepatus can be a little prone to this type of thing.

I would firstly stop adding food for that fish, so to speak, until the white spot (protozoan family) has settled down to near zero content.

The surgeons and some other fish species have very small scales that allow easy access to the fish’s flesh where you see the white spot egg blisters and this one in particular has a mucus coating more designed for protection from the sting of corals, because that is where they start life, in the coral.

Boost the effectiveness of the available oxygen as they have quite small gill plate area by temp control,PH control(maybe buff your tank)and one or two small water changes.

Basically raise the water quality and let them work for their food by eating the tanks available algae for a few days to sharpen there desire to live.

Use your blue tang as a water quality tester, when the white spot comes, the water needs work!

Don’t worry they are generally a tough fish, unless you let the white spot go on for to long and other parasites start in on them as well.

Very Happy

Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang. Empty it worked

Post  carmen 19th February 2009, 11:14 am

Well thanks are needed here.My friend is over the moon,the protozoan outbreak is nearly gone. Laughing
We were sceptical and we were wrong.
I am glad we had run out of options and tried you people.
Now about this snorkelling and diving you all do,that is what got our attention to begin with,we would love to meet you as i would not just go with people we have not met.
How can we meet you people and get a feel of what you are about?

I would like to here your opinions on a quarantine tank as well for the next outbreak,what should we do?
Smile

carmen

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang. Empty good to hear

Post  Admin 19th February 2009, 11:40 am

Glad things turned out well carmen.

You can get our details from the about us page on the website and come along or email or whatever you like.

we are not scary,we just do a few scary things,ha ha.

Ask anything anytime carmen,we are simple folk and a bit slow to the forum,but we have been around for quiet a while now so we only appear stupid,though some will say we actualy are.
Very Happy

Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question about my friends blue tang. Empty Re: Just a quick question about my friends blue tang.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down