South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks.

3 posters

Go down

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks. Empty phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks.

Post  liquidg 7th December 2012, 3:51 am

A more colourful member of the cleaning up crew hard at it and totaly reef safe,well not for algae and cyano though.

This is the algae on one of the tanks spray bars Uncleaned.

The combo of biscuits,lawnmowers,a phyllidiid nudi and our abundant local peps,there is some serious cleaning going on,lol.

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks. Nudi-2-

Getting into the work set out for the nudi cleaning the spray bar.

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks. Nudi-1-
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks. Empty Re: phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks.

Post  Makaira 7th December 2012, 4:45 am

Looks like a great addition for my tank.
Makaira
Makaira

Back to top Go down

phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks. Empty Re: phyllidiid nudibranch clean up crew member for reef tanks.

Post  Zhyr 7th December 2012, 5:00 am

Last edited by zhyr on 12th December 2012, 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Zhyr

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg 8th December 2012, 5:35 am

Yep its part of the phyllidiidae family.

I read that when I got it about the sponges bit,it’s in my books, but this one hasn’t touched the sponges in the top tank.

There are different forms of sponges, the cyano symbiotic types that these like ,there aren’t any of those types in the top tank.

The info on marine life isn’t always exactly right and there are many variations from the norm as well, my one hangs at the top and mid way knocking off the algae and cyano.

I have just got to find some other colours now and add more, it does really well in there.

Semi high nutrient waters always provide a rich variety of algae and non revolting cyano for those that need them in there diet.

Suctorial feeders,lol,so they really suck,lol.
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down