South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup.

2 posters

Go down

Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup. Empty Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup.

Post  DeadSled 24th March 2012, 7:42 am

Hey fellas,

As a lot of the old club members know, i've got a 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 with 2 x 4ft sumps, its a fairly big setup water volume wise at just over 1500L. My main issue is not so much the fact it costs me like $120 each time i get a water change done (which lets face it, is like once a year.. no, its not good i know.. but the fish seem to be fine and so do the corals so yay for me!) but its the fact its such a pain in the ass to maintain.

The 6ft x 2.5 front glass panel is absurd to try and keep clean, even with a razor blade it takes forever and i can't even reach the bottom without nearly requiring my mask and snorkel and i'm kind of just over the sheer size of it. I do love my big tangs though Very Happy

I'm really not sure on what to do with it, whether i sell it and keep some of the fish and rocks for my smaller tall 2ft tank i have, or just put up with it.

Has anyone sold a big setup before? Advice?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup. Empty Re: Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup.

Post  DeadSled 2nd April 2012, 3:14 pm

Anyone?
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup. Empty Re: Considering Downsizing Tanks, Opinions / Advice on Selling a Setup.

Post  finfan 2nd April 2012, 4:42 pm

HiYa Mate

Im no expert but I have bought and sold a few set ups over the years - the one common thing is you never get your investment back (read you loose $$$$) - so the question is ..... are you still passionate about your marine hobby or do you want to pass it up for now ( I BELEIVE ONCE ITS IN YOUR BLOOD IT WILL BE FOREVER - we just go through phases)... if your still keen then maybe downsize your main tank and just have the 2 x 4 footers if possible, - one as the main tank and one as the sump, try to make it more manageable with easier maintenance ?

If your a bit over it the maybe a refresh - try something new, swap the current stock for something more challenging - maybe try to breed bonzi whale sharks or something Very Happy - try something you have never kept to keep it interesting and respark the enthusiasm ?

Its an awesome hobby you just need the inspiration - I get it from snorkelling and finding new stuff every time -sometimes a trip to sea world or something might fire it up.......get out there -its a big ocean! pirat

Just my 20ยข worth.....
Cool

finfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down