South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Algae munching fish.

Go down

Algae munching fish. Empty Algae munching fish.

Post  liquidg 13th October 2011, 9:16 am

Approximately two weeks after I started putting life into my display tank I caught three of these little blennies that the photos are of.

They look like a bland version of what we use to call oyster blennies, because that was where we found them, in oyster communities, they call them peacock blennies on the net.

For a time they didn’t show their heads in the tank and I thought they had jumped out.

Than a few weeks back one got brave enough to feed out near the others with the lights on, than another and than there were all three getting on well with each other and others.

The thing with these three is they are eating all algaes, they do the red and rubbish brown algae fiirst,than green and than basic macro,all except turtle weed and sea lettuce, they mow through all the others far better than a lawn mower blenny and that’s a surprise!

If you ever see them for sale or catch one at the low tide, keep it; they are brilliant for the tank, harmless and tireless workers.

Algae munching fish. Algae-eating-blennie-

Algae munching fish. Blennie-on-acans-best-

Back to top Go down