South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing!

2 posters

Go down

Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing! Empty Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing!

Post  liquidg 9th December 2012, 8:39 am

It’s been nearly two weeks now since I started using my home made coral and algae needs and dosing with them
Being that caulerpa has a significant calcium carbonate amount with in and it is one of it’s priority needs, the dam stuff is growing out of the water in my algae part of the NWMS in one week, and this is my second trim since starting the dosing.

So any one I told I had little maintenance, I was wrong so that’s changed a bit now, it was once each 10 to 12 days!

So i am drying it out pounding it to powder and its going back in so it’s not wasted.

Before trim.
Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing! Algae-before-trimming-

after trim
Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing! Algae-after-trim-
liquidg
liquidg

Back to top Go down

Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing! Empty Re: Racemosa caulerpa for nutrient importing needs a trim far sooner because of dosing!

Post  Bikerjay 19th December 2012, 10:49 am

That's insane growth, what are you dosing?

Bikerjay

Back to top Go down