South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Delivery

5 posters

Go down

Water Delivery Empty Water Delivery

Post  clownsarescary 18th December 2009, 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone collect their own water? Or get it delivered?

I've been paying a fair bit to have water delivered and was wondering if there was a better alternative.

Ross

clownsarescary

Back to top Go down

Water Delivery Empty Re: Water Delivery

Post  Admin 18th December 2009, 12:24 pm

There isn't a cheap alternative or a low labour intensive way i am afraid.
Several of us get our water from the boat ramps at raby bay air sea rescue and mark and colin go over on the barge to straddie to get theres.
Its not a simple one way with us,it varies a bit from person to person.
One thing for sure the elements and substances common in the south port sea way makes the water there not as good as the boat ramps at raby bay at cleveland point.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clownsarescary 18th December 2009, 12:27 pm

I sometimes get 2000L delivered for around 180... which isn't too bad considering.

But I'm pretty keen to give collecting water a go... I just might need to buy another 1000L container and strap it to a ute.

I have a generator and a pump so that's not really an issue.

I heard Wellington Point was a pretty decent collection point...??

clownsarescary

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 18th December 2009, 3:05 pm

I'd assume Wello Pt would be the same as Cleveland Pt / Raby Bay. Could be wrong though.

I for one do an 85L water change on my four foot + four foot sump tank once every two or three weeks. I just get it from Marine Mates, like 30c a liter.

Its usually $12 if i do 40l, or i think they do $25 for 85l. Its cheap enough, every three weeks or so that i just pay it.

Plus, if i was to drive to Cleveland or Raby Bay in the Kingswood it'd cost me at least $10 in fuel to get there, screw that.. i'd rather just pay a bit more and get it 5min down the road.
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 18th December 2009, 3:09 pm

No the phospaste levels on average at wello are higher,the closer you get to the Brisbane river the more things are in the water that you don't want in there.
There is a better spot at cleveland point,go to the end of the point and there is a little boat ramp at the end more less on the left,back down it at high tide chuck in the pump hose on the left and you are laughing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xine 31st January 2010, 9:52 am

oh...and here I was thinking I would just grab water from the Mooloolaba river near the entrance to the ocean...I guess the phosphates there would be pretty bad, huh?

How about off the beach at Kawana? Is beach water ok?

Smile

Xine

Back to top Go down

Post  liquidg+ 31st January 2010, 12:21 pm

Hi Xine.
I will pm you the best spot on the sunshine coast for easy very good water changes.

liquidg+

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSled 31st January 2010, 1:06 pm

Clownsarescary,

Where do you get your water from? Who supplies / delivers it?

I'm in the planning stages of adding a 6ft to my already 4ft tank + 4ft sump system, and was considering getting one or two big containers and keeping them full of saltwater, so i can just pump the water into the tank instead of manually pouring it like i currently do.

I worked out, you pay 9c a liter as opposed to me paying 30c and having to go down and manually carry water containers to the shop, from the shop, into my car, out of my car, into buckets and then into the tank. Screw that.. I'm getting ripped Evil or Very Mad
DeadSled
DeadSled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down