South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine aquarium fish food

Go down

Marine aquarium fish food Empty Marine aquarium fish food

Post  Admin 18th July 2009, 2:57 pm

Just finished a little experimenting on some foods as such.

I put three latezonatus a forcepiger and a bi colour angel and a couple of the same inverts,three sets in three tubs over three weeks.

The fish food mix is the same for all except one of the mixes has garlic and the other has also calcium ascorbate vitamin C in powder form in it as well.

The fish food has been used on its own,with garlic and than with vite C,the garlic did well,but the garlic and vite C,nothing is suffering,there are inverts in each as well.

The ones with both in it came down with nothing and i have been over feeding them a lot,i must admit the garlic helps,but is far better with C in it as well.

I have had to treat all the others to save them,the ones with the extra in the food have had no parrasite probs and for some reason no one is bothering each other,thats probably because they are over fed.

I went with an Ausy 100 percent natural crushed garlic.

One thing though,the latz that have done perfectly are not in uv light at all.

It is something i have always believed but never said as it may not be excepted,where they live in the ocean on average the light is weak and the red in the light spectrum has finished by the time it gets to them.

Admin

https://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down