South East Queensland Marine Aquarium and Ocean activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

365sunnyled LED lighting from china.

Go down

365sunnyled LED lighting from china. Empty 365sunnyled LED lighting from china.

Post  liquidg 14th August 2011, 2:30 pm

Around two months back we made an order through this LED manufacturer and found a few problems with our order.

They don’t seem to know much about aquarium lighting, well when we were organizing the order anyway, plus I had no idea about these types of lights as well.

These are the cree diodes we got in our fittings.
http://www.cree.com/products/xlamp7090_xre.asp

The fittings we got with the cree 3 watt LEDs in them fall down in two ways, firstly the fans in them are far to noisy.

They do three, 3 watt diode fittings,the 60 the 90 and 120 watt fittings.

They emailed that they have silent fans in them but that’s not on the website, these are a very high volume fan put in 90 watt fittings we got for some reason and the three fans make a bit of noise as you can imagine.

Secondly there is only one power lead coming out of them for both the blue and the white diodes, which is not a good design.

To get lighting from them I would advise you know exactly what you want because they don’t seem to understand much about the needs of marine aquarium hobbyists with lighting.

The reason we got 3 watt cree diodes is that they are far more powerfull in more ways than just higher wattage per diode and the colour out put is better from them as well.

On the plus side of things, the lights are producing amazing results if you can ignore the sound from them.

They put out more light than a 250 to 300 watt metal haloid and none of the harmful radiation that they put out as do all other incandescent and fluorescent tubes.

In a test of lumins,the 3 watt fitting put out the same as 3.30 pm per sunlight as of 250 mil away from the lights!

The par is brilliant and the light that hits the floor of the tank is far better than T5s and just better than a 300 metal haloid.

The varied life forms that are doing well together under one type of light now is astounding to say the least!

With there 90 watt and greater fittings i would get all the front LEDs 60 degrees or 30 dgrees so there is not so much algae growth on the glass on the front of the aquarium and the rest 90 degree for a tank no deeper than 18 inches, for a tank to 22 inches get 60 degrees at front and 50/50 ninety degrees and sixty degrees diodes and deeper just get 60 degrees on all diodes except maybe the front ones at 30 dgrees to keep the glass a little free of algae growth.

The tubes we got are brilliant as well, for the more shallow tanks, I use them for the algae scrubber, the corals and algae’s in there are powering!

These are 10 watt 2 foot T8 fluoro replacement tubes with reflectors built in, either white in one or blue in one or blue and white diodes in one, either way we got all three combos and I would advise to go with blue and white in one.

Just click on the tube lighting once on the website.

They put out stronger and better light than a far more power usage T5 tube, just make sure you take out the starters and run wires to bypass the ballast, these tubes need direct 240 volt to them and they take a few seconds to come on.

Also we got the 15 watt high out put screw in bulbs with high out put diodes in them, these are not bayonet types, these out run a 300 plus metal haloid,geez they are bright.

I use them for house lighting,for bad eyesight,wonderful, maybe one day I will put one of them over a tank to see what it will do, I know the lumins are very good and the Kelvin rating is very high and colour rang is good, so we will see.

So if you get lighting from them, they are cheap,we landed the 90 watt fittings for around $190 each and $21 for the tubes ,they organise to your door,good delivery and the fittings are well made, but know what you want and place the order accordingly with out help from them!

Go with 60 degree diodes in any fitting,they penetrate the water much better in aqauriums to 2 foot deep with out spotting on the floor of the aquarium as the 30 degree tends to do and the 90 degree diodes are more suited to tanks no deeper than 20 inches.
The degree means the angel that the lights comes out of the diode at,the less the degree the narrower the beam!

As with all these types of manufacturers they will make the light fitting how you want it,with a lead for a few of the blue LEDs for moonlight maybe and the rest of the blues off another lead and all the white ones of another lead

These are their aquarium LED fittings.
http://365sunnyled.com/products.asp?NumberID=001

For a light fitting replacement of flouro fittings with out actual tubes for a lengthy tank,these may be the go if the tank is no deeper than 2 foot or keep your corals up high.
http://365sunnyled.com/proShow.asp?id=43&NumberID=001003

This is another manufacturer of LED lower wattage diode aquarium lighting to look at.
http://www.bsled.com/led-aquarium-lights/

Back to top Go down